Saturday 14 April 2012

Networking Links


If you have a business web site and do not have a social networking buttons on their web site then you must change immediately. If you think that only sites that you are the two most obvious Then There May Be Time to wake up and smell the virtual roses! Now, before exploring this topic, I have a serious message for you! DO NOT ADD social media buttons for Web pages that do not use! Simply put, this means if you do not actively promote your business on one network - not to add the icon to your site. It will have a negative impact. Instead of making you look online marketing savvy will look like a twit, when a visitor to your site is actually clicked on one of its icons and it does not lead anywhere. What is the share button? This is the point in this article. At the last count (January 2012) we identified 482 prominent social networking sites. Now, I do not know about you, but I have absolutely no time to submit my sites or the content of the 482 seats! But that's okay. Since many of these sites are irrelevant to me and my business interests. For example, if you have a website selling car accessories then it is likely (in fact, impossible as it would be rejected) that will share your website content with a network of fashion!

Not only social network plug you in to what is happening in the world, it's connected to what's happening in your world. Your industry, your specialized field. You can contribute, learn, build your profile and more.

We are based in Queensland, Australia, and one of our closest business relationships with business owners in Texas. We were lucky enough to meet through an online business forum. How amazing that the Internet has opened such incredible networking opportunities.

Here is a perfect example for you. In the early days of running our business, I was becoming very sad that no one reads my blogs. I love writing and I thought I had a lot to offer, but nobody seemed the slightest bit interested. One day I read a tip on how to add social networking links to your website, and I thought it was just so I could easily let others know I wrote a blog. That was until I picked up four new clients because of someone clicking on my links and share one of my blogs with their social networks. See, it does not work!

Now, go and look at your website. See every page. And if the social network links are not on the page to get cracking.

Tracey Munn is an Australian expert in business development with qualifications in accounting and psychology.

No comments:

Post a Comment